At Bethesda-by-the-Sea we clothe ourselves in compassion through our Pastoral Care program, an organizational structure that includes the clergy, staff, and lay members of the congregation. Through a network of helping hands and hearts, this in-reach ministry provides support to members of our congregation during times of need. Pastoral Care comes in many forms at Bethesda, including:
- The liturgical ritual of our worship service provides both spiritual and pastoral care. The Prayers of the People list specific pastoral needs and names of parishioners at Bethesda for intercessory prayer.
- Lay Eucharistic Visitors
- Live Stream Services provide Pastoral Care for those at home.
- Daughters of the King
- Prayer Box in cloister behind the fountain of Bethesda
- Spiritual Direction is a relational process in which a trained Spiritual Director listens to and companions someone who desires a deeper relationship with God.
- Wednesday Eucharist with Anointing for Healing
- Physical or mental health crisis
- Crisis of Faith
- Life Struggles
- Grief Work – Illness, Death, Divorce
- Premarital/Marital Counseling
Hospital/Nursing Home Visits
- Every household at Bethesda is assigned a Shepherd to serve as your “Resource Person” to answer questions about Bethesda such as: a) Becoming involved in a small group b) Discovering volunteer opportunities c) Taking a Spiritual Gifts Assessment d) Navigating Bethesda’s website at bbts.org e) Meeting your pastoral needs f) Watching online services and sermons g) Attending parish events
For more on Bethesda’s Shepherd Ministry and a picture of your Shepherd, click here. For additional information or to contact your Shepherd, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pastoral Care Coordinator: Ayana Piñeiro-Ilnicki
(561) 655-4554 x 117; email@example.com
Ayana prepares the prayer list, the intercessory prayer list, and coordinates hospital lists for pastoral care. She also coordinates funerals and pastoral visits by clergy, eucharistic visitors, and others. If you would like to have memorial flowers dedicated to or in honor of someone, please contact Ayana. Contact Ayana for any general questions related to pastoral care, prayer list requests, weddings, baptisms, and funerals.